CZFree.Net Home Page Diskuzní Fóra CZFree.Net Archív Často Kladených Otázek Registrace Nových Členů Archív Odkazů Seznam Členů Fóra CZFree.Net Czech Node Map hosted @CZFree.net CZFree.Net WIKI
CZFree Network Portal vzkazy | ovládání | pokročilé hledání   

Odpovědět k Tématu 
CZFree.Net forum: Wireless community network CZFree.Net > Fórum > Síť > beginner
Autor
Téma  < Předchozí Téma   Další Téma >
cgradl

Příspěvek č. 1 

Is it OK to speak english here? Nebo mam se trapit cesky? It would be easier for me in English, but I don't know if it is "politically correct":-)
Anyway, I live in Dusni, Prague 1 and would like to either use broadband or set up a node. Who can tell me what is necessary?
Thanks
Carlo

Old Post 09.09.2002 v 08:53
cgradl je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for cgradl   Find more posts by cgradl   Click here to Send cgradl a Private Message   Click Here to Email cgradl     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
jbohac
Team Leader

Příspěvek č. 2 

English should be OK ;-)

1) Make sure you have access to the loft of your house and that you can install a small antenna on the rooftop

2) At the present time, the best AP for you is probably "Ujezd", owned by "StB" - visually check if you can see that way (if you haven't done so already, check the map (the "mapa" link on the top of the pages. Also insert your own location in the map.)

If you can't see "Ujezd", connecting to one of "ALP.NETxx" APs may be possible, although I'm not sure - they are part of a private network. Try to contact "Alp"

3) If you have an AP to connect to, buy the hardware:
The basic kit can be bought for around 7kKc. This consists of an antenna, a cable running down from the antenna to the computer and a WiFi card for your computer. The problem here is the length and thickness of the cable. Should it be longer than 20m, you should consider setting up a router (an old PC ) in the loft and running Ethernet down to your flat.

If in doubt whether you see the AP, you'll have to find a volounteer with a notebook who will measure the signal on your rooftop to make sure it's actually worth buying your own HW...

Check the visibility and let us know.....

Old Post 09.09.2002 v 09:37
jbohac je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for jbohac   Find more posts by jbohac     Click Here to Email jbohac   Visit jbohac's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Veškerý čas je GMT. Aktuální čas: 19:06.  Předcházející Téma   Další Téma
Odpovědět k Tématu

Zformátovat pro Tisk | Stáhnout Téma do Palma | Poslat Téma E-mailem | Odebírat tuto Diskuzi

Search this Thread:

CZFree.NET | Copyright ©MMII - MMXIV CZFree.NET | Kontaktujte Nás