CZFree.Net Home Page Diskuzní Fóra CZFree.Net Archív Často Kladených Otázek Registrace Nových Členů Archív Odkazů Seznam Členů Fóra CZFree.Net Czech Node Map hosted @CZFree.net CZFree.Net WIKI
CZFree Network Portal vzkazy | ovládání | pokročilé hledání   

Odpovědět k Tématu 
CZFree.Net forum: Wireless community network CZFree.Net > Fórum > Hardware > Help on Ovislink 1120 AP troubles
Autor
Téma  < Předchozí Téma   Další Téma >
warlord

Help on Ovislink 1120 AP troubles Příspěvek č. 1 

Hello,
I do not speak your language, so please allow me to ask you a question in english. Also, I would like if you can answer me in English . I am one of administrators of BLWireless community network and we all use Ovislink 1120 AP's as our WLAN devices.

I regularly visit your forum because this forum is the only place where I could find any info on Ovislink equipment. The real problem is I understand only 10% of what is beeing said.
I have two independent questions:

1. I want to try these customized firmware's you've been building, but I need to know what RS-232/TTL cable type I need ?
From what I see there are 3 different types. Also, do I need a cable with or without handshake capability ?
Also, could you spend some time and explain me what is different in what firmware, because I cannot find any info on changes.

2. We have a problem with connecting to the internet. While searching over your forum I think that you had similar problem, but I cannot understand how was it solved. The situation looks like this:
____________________________client______ AP_______client
Internet--router(linux/NAT)-hub-Ovis1120--Ovis1120-----Ovis1120
_ignore this line___________|_____________|__________|
_ignore this line____PC1,2--|_________PC3--|______PC4-|

The trouble is this: PC1&2 have normal acces to the internet, everything works,etc...
PC3&4 (they connect via wireless) can see only internal network
i.e. they cannot use the internet. They can see everything in our local lan, all the computers and network card on router which belongs to the same subnet. But they cannot see external network card which is connected to the DSL modem.Fw on all Ovislink AP's is 1.03H factory version, gateway and ip adresses have been set properly...

I think that it is something with routing tables on the AP's but since I cannot modify them in standard firmware I do not know what to do.

Sorry for big post, but it could not be explained with fewer words.

Old Post 25.07.2004 v 16:05
warlord je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for warlord   Find more posts by warlord   Click here to Send warlord a Private Message     Visit warlord's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Veškerý čas je GMT. Aktuální čas: 13:48.  Předcházející Téma   Další Téma
Odpovědět k Tématu

Zformátovat pro Tisk | Stáhnout Téma do Palma | Poslat Téma E-mailem | Odebírat tuto Diskuzi

Search this Thread:

CZFree.NET | Copyright ©MMII - MMXIV CZFree.NET | Kontaktujte Nás